Me now. send help. New self-THERAPY TIKTOK to get myself through homeschool life and this newly 7 yr old.
Link to the Barbie Animal Rescue Playset on Amazon.com
She received this for her 7th birthday this week and LOVES IT SO MUCH!! If you have an animal mad kiddo, this is the Barbie set for you!
Huge shout out to C & J who sent this to her!
Get yours at linktr.ee/missmaisieandme
Hate crimes against Asian and Black people rise sharply in the U.S., FBI says
- Hate crimes targeting people of Asian descent in the U.S. rose by 70% last year compared with the number of such incidents in 2019, the FBI said.
- That increase coincided with the outbreak in the U.S. of the Covid pandemic, which some racists have unjustly blamed on Asian Americans because the coronavirus originated in China.
- The number of hate crimes targeting Black people jumped nearly 40% last year compared with 2019 levels.
- President Joe Biden in April signed the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act to address the rise in anti-Asian American crimes seen in 2020.
As a minority/multi-ethnic person of color, I can contest to this. I’ve experienced this off and on my entire half-century of life, but it is getting so much worse again.
It is everywhere- on social media, in public, in the workplace- AND IT NEEDS TO STOP.
I want my children to live in a world where these ethnic/religious based aggressions are not an issue.
The witch hunts need to stop.
I don’t care what color you are- if you are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Pagan- we need to live in a world where people feel safe and heard and are not subjected to horrors based on our DIFFERENCES and fear.
Some people confound me sometimes/oftentimes/almost always.
What makes them choose unkind coldness when they could be joyous and uplifting? Why do people gaslight and ridicule emotions- the very thing that makes us human?
I have a theory. I think that sometimes people are purposely demeaning in order to destroy other’s peace of mind. Maybe they get joy out of it. Maybe they’re coached to do so.
Either way, it’s toxic and not a very productive way to live.
When one adds positions of responsibility and power to that sewage, you get a mind-numbing shit stew.
We have ONLY ONE JOB, really, as humans. BE KIND, above all.
Our other job in my opinion is to CALL OUT INJUSTICE when it is happening. Don’t let people abuse others. Don’t let them abuse YOU.
Abuse comes in many creative forms. Sometimes micro aggressions can be worse than outright battery.
What motivates your cruelty? Is it fear, power, racism, religion, politics, your childhood abuse?
Don’t bother answering. It isn’t for you- my mind rambles for ME.
You have to live with your karma. I will live with mine.
this kid went from being immaculate before Pandemic Lockdown to being a feral child who barely wants to brush her hair now at almost (IN A WEEI!) 7 yrs old!
You can see by the look on her face in the befores that she was less than thrilled to play guinea pig- but it worked and she didn’t scream bloody murder while I brushed the tangles out this time!
That alone is worth EVERYTHING… if you have kids like this, you know what I’m talking about.
It’s actually L’BRI Deep Pore Freshener (and yes, I am a consultant)
I was shocked that it was for more than just faces! Aloe is magical.
Get yours at linktr.ee/missmaisieandme
I’ve utterly ignored this blog for YEARS… opting instead for the ease of Instagram and staying on my FB pages and doing Influencer Things (which, I gotta say, is more work than it appears to be and kinda mind-numbing).
If you want quick look-sees on what we’ve been up to go to:
For the longer list, see below:
1. had a hysterectomy and bilateral pulmonary embolisms in 2018
2. Started homeschooling Maisie with Oakmeadow.com
in 2019 and we continued during the Pandemic (and now
3. Survived 2 bouts of Covid-19
4. Bought a RV and quarantined and farmed at my dad’s after our 1st Covid bout- raised sheep and chickens in 2020.
5. Our 3 elderly Newfoundland dogs, Berry, Scucca, and Tiberius died in 2020 and 2021… Berry and Scucca died within 2 weeks of each other in June 2021 (ages 13 and 10)- Ti died on Halloween 2019 at age 8.5.
7. Adopted a kitten named Cake in 2020
8. Bought a new black 2 door hardtop Mini Cooper that I affectionately call “Roger”
9. Accidentally sampled an all natural skincare line on my 52nd birthday and somehow became an executive manager for this company after it made my face Benjamin Button back in time and managed my autoimmune skin.
It’s called L’BRI… do you even L’BRI, brah? Nobody’s heard of it, really, but it WORKED for me. I had no experience with this type of sales before… but I feel like the good faerie of skincare now. Life-changing- even if I don’t fall into the direct sales stereotype AT ALL.
Grab yours here:
Check out my vid:
10. Took up a market stall at a well-known local farmer’s market and began doing in-person readings with my long time friend and business partner, Gidget, over the summer called The Rowan and the Oak.
I know I rarely talk about my ‘real work’ since having Maisie- I took a few years off- but I have been a psychic and medium (large now, thanks to the Pandemic) for over 30 years. My other biz page is Psychic Jess Anderson.
11. Adopted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup named Rowan Magnus the Magnificent. He is a mischievous little Cancerian with a moon in Aquarius and lots of Leo.
12. Binged “Vikings” on Netflix.com and spent the entire winter 2020-21 sewing/designing/embroidering Viking and Medieval inspired wool and linen ‘Plague-wear” for the entire family (coz I am nerdy like that).
13. Maisie raised money and made her own monarch butterfly sanctuary in 2019
plus a MYRIAD OF OTHER THINGS too numerous to include here…
I’m back again and going to be blogging like a fiend, friends.
As we age, this song becomes true again.
We become invisible as our skins dry and shrivel like the petal of a rose.
It doesn’t have to happen. We have L’BRI. Water the flower that feeds your soul and take back the power you have to create your visage and reality- in a healthy and natural way.
Don’t grow invisible- grow fearless and redefine what age is.
linktr.ee/missmaisieandme and scroll to my first link for yours.