I have no idea how/why I’ve been nominated for awards in the last 2 days when my blog has only been ‘alive’ for about 4 days! It’s all very flattering and makes me feel like I may need to use spellcheck or edit sometime soon in my posts. I hate editing and spellchecking, by the way. I am also the type of person who picks apart OTHER PEOPLE’S writing mistakes unmercifully, so therein lies the conundrum.
I want to thank Lainey Loves Life for the awesome nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA)! Please check out and follow Lainey’s blog! She is in Manila (which will interest all my Filipino cousins and friends who have accidentally stumbled upon this post), where my mom is also from!
Well, enough about me- here are the rules:
IF YOU ARE NOMINATED, YOU’VE BEEN AWARDED THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
+ (written in the about section of VBA) When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them. Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Here are my 15 Blog Nominees:
Callmemommab by Brittne
The life of Kristyn by Kristyn
Christy’s Toy Critiques by Christy
Adventures of an Older Mom by Kathryne Miller
Longreads Blog – I really LOVE this one!
Diaper Etiquette by Mel
Katzenworld- because who doesn’t love cats?!?!
Flip Flops Everyday by Sandi
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Ok, here are the things about Miss Maisie and Me:
1. I am the 46 yr. old mother of a 10 month old daughter who was conceived entirely out of the blue. I am still (basically) in shock.
2. I eat with my hands- or a spoon and fork- whenever possible, even though I was not raised in the Philippines. It makes teaching the children to ‘eat like Americans’ difficult.
3. My baby looks like a white version of my mother. When I saw her 3D ultrasound face for the first time, I exclaimed:
“OMFG, how is MY MOM’S FACE IN MY STOMACH?!?!”
4. My mother-who has early vascular dementia and still has a huge sense of humor/no filter- blurted out:
“Why does Maisie look like ME and her father?! I DIDN’T F*CK HIM!!!”
5. I am obsessed with food, restaurants, food history, cooking, you name it…
6. I am so old that I have to stop myself from typing TWO SPACES after each “.” It is an old habit leftover from 1980s high school typing classes.
7. My baby, Maisie, will stop crying if I pull out a camera or my phone and take pics of her. Instant POSING. It’s been this way since her ULTRASOUNDS. I am not exaggerating.