Ok, on ‘paper’ it looks/sounds like we’ve done a ton of things. In reality, as I wade through laundry on my kitchen floor and boxes everywhere else, it doesn’t seem that way.
What we’ve done thus far:
1. Put a large antique cabinet and a few Fiesta Ware vases from the upstairs kitchen in my parents’ antique store.
2. Moved 2 bookshelves from the back room to the basement (I think they’ve been moved to the basement, that is).
3. I threw away another 5 bags of clothes from the back room. I have one built in drawer emptied.
4. Thew the old leather chair away and some other stuff.
5. I BELIEVE some laundry was done- but I can’t be sure.
6. Finally went grocery shopping with an EXTREMELY UNHAPPY TODDLER-$400 bucks worth of groceries bought and were somehow put away.
7. Got the dumpster rental extended for 20 more days
8. Weeded some of my garden and watered plants. Harvested 4 radishes. Should have taken photos, but I didn’t. Plus I did this all with the BABY ATTACHED TO MY BACK in a Korean baby carrier. I would have gotten more done (this was my break time/relaxing time), but she and I were overheating.
R goes back to work tomorrow and I am convinced I will never finish this. I am going to focus solely on laundry tomorrow. The other 2 males in the house will have to assist me, too. I HATE folding laundry. I LOATHE it. I will also work on tossing more clothes out of that back room.
It’s really difficult doing this with the baby. She is very ‘into’ everything right now. We really SHOULD have done this during the 6 months the manny was here.
Hindsight is 20/20…
I am hoping that the boys and I can empty the back room before R’s day off next Wednesday.
In the meantime, I also have to:
1. look for modular closet gadgetry/systems
2. get paint samples for the back room walls
3. empty the upstairs kitchen
I am sure I am forgetting something, but at this point I no longer give a f*ck.