Good News: NO GAS LEAK, Bad News: CARBON MONOXIDE COMING FROM OVEN

The last few days have been a nightmare-

Repair man came out, but couldn’t sort out where the smell was coming from. He told me to call the gas company, so that they could get a detailed reading with their equipment.

When I called the gas company, they said they were sending someone IMMEDIATELY (it was 9 pm) and to EVACUATE THE HOUSE. Well, we’d been living with the gas and stove turned off for two days- we have three 150 lb each Newfoundland dogs- and a tired baby- plus my back was going out… needless to say, we did NOT evacuate.

The gas guy came an hour later and confirmed that evacuation was unnecessary. He found no gas leaks, but after turning the oven on, the carbon monoxide meter went insanely high!

“Well, this explains your problem” he said, “this would have killed you all faster than a gas leak would”

!!!!!

Apparently, something is wrong with the oven- so he red-tagged it and we’re waiting for the repair guy to come back to tell us if it can be repaired- or if we need a new range.

We’re still waiting for the repair man to show up. Until then it’s just take out and cooking on a hot plate/microwave for us.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Good News: NO GAS LEAK, Bad News: CARBON MONOXIDE COMING FROM OVEN

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s