What happens at Xmas stays at Xmas, but I didn’t successfully keep to plan. I ended up sick as a result and today is the day of reckoning and relaxation and self-forgiveness.
My house currently looks like Harry Potter threw up in it. The kiddo is OBSESSED. I am doing a surprise redecorating of her bedroom. Bought almost everything on here today (from Pottery Barn’s site).
Her bedroom is not as big as this in the little house, so we will do what we can… At my other house, this would be doable, but it’s currently being used as an office by family members staying there and working remotely. I like this little house so much. It’s so cozy.
Tonight’s lean and green consisted of sous vide grass-fed sirloin, veggies, and eggplant rollatini leftovers from Xmas eve at R’s parents.
Resting Heart Rate: 71 (alcohol made it jump up A LOT… won’t be doing that for a long while) Morning Weight: IDK 2,932 steps 2 min cardio 96 oz of water
12:00 pm- 1st fueling: CARAMEL DELIGHT CRISP BAR AND COFFEE
I’ve utterly ignored this blog for YEARS… opting instead for the ease of Instagram and staying on my FB pages and doing Influencer Things (which, I gotta say, is more work than it appears to be and kinda mind-numbing).
If you want quick look-sees on what we’ve been up to go to:
6. Moved into a smaller house in town in 2020 (originally, to quarantine in- now I just love it).
7. Adopted a kitten named Cake in 2020
8. Bought a new black 2 door hardtop Mini Cooper that I affectionately call “Roger”
9. Accidentally sampled an all natural skincare line on my 52nd birthday and somehow became an executive manager for this company after it made my face Benjamin Button back in time and managed my autoimmune skin.
It’s called L’BRI… do you even L’BRI, brah? Nobody’s heard of it, really, but it WORKED for me. I had no experience with this type of sales before… but I feel like the good faerie of skincare now. Life-changing- even if I don’t fall into the direct sales stereotype AT ALL.
10. Took up a market stall at a well-known local farmer’s market and began doing in-person readings with my long time friend and business partner, Gidget, over the summer called The Rowan and the Oak.
I know I rarely talk about my ‘real work’ since having Maisie- I took a few years off- but I have been a psychic and medium (large now, thanks to the Pandemic) for over 30 years. My other biz page is Psychic Jess Anderson.
11. Adopted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup named Rowan Magnus the Magnificent. He is a mischievous little Cancerian with a moon in Aquarius and lots of Leo.
12. Binged “Vikings” on Netflix.com and spent the entire winter 2020-21 sewing/designing/embroidering Viking and Medieval inspired wool and linen ‘Plague-wear” for the entire family (coz I am nerdy like that).
13. Maisie raised money and made her own monarch butterfly sanctuary in 2019
plus a MYRIAD OF OTHER THINGS too numerous to include here…
I’m back again and going to be blogging like a fiend, friends.
When we went into quarantine for covid in March, we moved ‘temporarily’ into my work bungalow and out of the big house. We converted it from a sparsely decorated work space into a home where we could safely be away from family members and not spread illness.
Since then, I’ve grown too fond of this little house and we’ve been living here full time. The rest of the (adult) family are blocks away at our main residence and we’re enjoying the quiet.