I’ve utterly ignored this blog for YEARS… opting instead for the ease of Instagram and staying on my FB pages and doing Influencer Things (which, I gotta say, is more work than it appears to be and kinda mind-numbing).
If you want quick look-sees on what we’ve been up to go to:
6. Moved into a smaller house in town in 2020 (originally, to quarantine in- now I just love it).
7. Adopted a kitten named Cake in 2020
8. Bought a new black 2 door hardtop Mini Cooper that I affectionately call “Roger”
9. Accidentally sampled an all natural skincare line on my 52nd birthday and somehow became an executive manager for this company after it made my face Benjamin Button back in time and managed my autoimmune skin.
It’s called L’BRI… do you even L’BRI, brah? Nobody’s heard of it, really, but it WORKED for me. I had no experience with this type of sales before… but I feel like the good faerie of skincare now. Life-changing- even if I don’t fall into the direct sales stereotype AT ALL.
10. Took up a market stall at a well-known local farmer’s market and began doing in-person readings with my long time friend and business partner, Gidget, over the summer called The Rowan and the Oak.
I know I rarely talk about my ‘real work’ since having Maisie- I took a few years off- but I have been a psychic and medium (large now, thanks to the Pandemic) for over 30 years. My other biz page is Psychic Jess Anderson.
11. Adopted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup named Rowan Magnus the Magnificent. He is a mischievous little Cancerian with a moon in Aquarius and lots of Leo.
12. Binged “Vikings” on Netflix.com and spent the entire winter 2020-21 sewing/designing/embroidering Viking and Medieval inspired wool and linen ‘Plague-wear” for the entire family (coz I am nerdy like that).
13. Maisie raised money and made her own monarch butterfly sanctuary in 2019
plus a MYRIAD OF OTHER THINGS too numerous to include here…
I’m back again and going to be blogging like a fiend, friends.
Yeah, I am obsessed with outschool.com and no, I am not a rep (but, gosh, I should be at this point. I’m in love with it!)
Since we’re stuck in the house all day and I am not willing to risk our health again by taking classes in real time. Outschool and Zoom classes really help fill in gaps in her education- and also give her opportunities to take classes that would normally not be available to us locally, like hula dance class and a live native French immersion class (which she also takes- more about those in other posts).
We have access to these amazing teachers from all over the world, just at our fingertips!
I adore Oak Meadow, but I concede defeat in some of the subjects, like finger knitting and recorder. Outschool really helps me (and gives me short breaks to do my work, use the toilet, eat food, maybe comb my hair, hide in the closet pretending real life is around the corner).
Today, she learned about cleaning the recorder, how to recognize notes, some music history, and the song “Hot Cross Buns”. They are working on the B/A/G notes right now-