Today she’s in a little cotton sundress from India with her thai silver baby anklets, Art of Cure raw Baltic Amber teething necklace, and a cute white hair bow.
Got more baby jewelry swag in the mail today from Claire Lush Designs!
In today’s package, she received a V-shaped silver cuff and a heavier silver patterned cuff, plus two thin silver cuffs for a friend’s daughter.
They look ADORABLE on Maisie. I had to move the Puravida bracelets over to the other hand, which is no mean feat when you have a squirming 10 month old.
My parents were here visiting, so photos were snapped with the kid only in her diaper and jewelry. She’s going through a “MAMAMAMAMAMAMA” phase and doesn’t want anyone but me usually, so it’s a good thing when people visit and she goes to them- gives me a slight break, which I sorely need. She refused to nap for 2 days and finally went down for one this afternoon.
She only seems to have 2 speeds lately: “Pick ME UP!” or “DANCE TIME!”
Here is a video of her dancing with my parents in the background:
Summery and chic! Loved this little dress!
Took the little monkey to see her doctor yesterday and she is a healthy (almost) 10 month old.
Her weight was 20.78 lbs, she was 30.25 inches long, and her head was 46 cm. She is also teething, which is driving us ALL insane. Her separation anxiety is at an all time high- which is normal for a child her age. Unfortunately, my back went out this week as well and I can’t lift her as much as we’d like. The poor thing veers from miserable to elated at the drop of a hat. It’s like living with a bipolar midget.
- The Art of Cure Raw Amber Teething Necklaces: AMAZING. The kid wears it, they don’t chew on it- the raw amber melts into the skin and provides an analgesic, natural form of pain relief. Also great for people with arthritis. Maisie’s been wearing hers since she was 2 months old and is on her second one- they last about 6 months before they wear out. No, she’s never strangled herself nor choked on it (knock wood). http://shop.theartofcure.net/
- 14kt Gold Earrings: I have a sensitivity to anything less than gold in my ears, so I made sure that Maisie only wears real gold (no plate, no gold filled) in hers. Since having her ears pierced, she’s not had any problems with her ears getting infected.
- Claire Lush Designs Custom Silver Baby Cuff Bracelets: Fits perfectly on tiny wrists and totally hand made- and reasonably priced! My child’s been wearing bracelets since she was born and it is pretty standard in many countries to put bangles on babies from birth. $35.00 for a custom bracelet with turquoise. https://www.etsy.com/shop/clairelushdesigns
- Puravida Baby Friendship Bracelets: The perfect boho ‘first bling’ for baby. Maisie has about 5 or 6 of them on at any given time. If you post a pic on Instagram, then email them with your account and address, you will get a voucher for a free bracelet. Reasonably priced at $5-6 dollars each and proceeds go to providing jobs to folks in Costa Rica, where they are made. https://www.puravidabracelets.com/baby-bracelet-collection
- Saffron Bells Thai Style Baby Anklets: I adore these! In SE Asia, these baubles are given to almost all babies- it is supposed to bring good luck and protection. They look adorable and are well made. Maisie loves jingling her feet and making music with them- also helps mothers to know where their kid is and/or if they’re awake. http://www.saffronbells.com/
- Lots and Lots of Hair Bows and Stretchy Headbands: Since Maisie is my first and only girl, my more experienced friends with daughters advised me to put these things in her hair from BIRTH, so that she would get used to them and not try to pull them off. It works!! Sometimes she still does remove them, but not often. I prefer to buy mine from small shops on Etsy and eBay.